Thursday, June 22, 2017

3 - Setting up your Passion Planner - undated

Alright, so you have your planner and the tools that you'll need to use it! So now what?


  1. Give yourself about an hour to dedicate to setting up your planner.
  2. If you purchased one of the undated planners, grab 2 different colored pens and get to work filling in the monthly calendars, writing in the month and dates. Double check your dates - I had a calendar up on my computer while filling out mine to make sure I was on the right day/date. I used a different color for writing the month and the dates. Not necessary, but fun! I also highlighted around the weekends, not necessary but again, fun!
  3. As you go along filling out your monthly calendar, add in important dates like holidays, birthdays, etc. Have some fun decorating, use stickers, doodling, whatever brings you joy!
  4. Once you have all of your monthly calendars filled out, create tabs for each of the monthly pages. I would suggest using smaller tabs for the monthly pages and then larger ones for the weekly spreads.
  5. Once you get to the weekly pages, put a monthly tab on the page of the first week of the month. For these, I use larger tabs because I spend more time in my weekly pages than monthly ones.
  6. Additionally, clip together all of the monthly spreads so that you can easily flip back and forth from the monthly spread and weekly spread of the month/week that you're in.
Other things I want to bring your attention to - MONTHLY SPREAD:
  • This month's focus - a place to identify and write down your focus for the month in both your work and personal life
  • People to see - list the people you want to see this month
  • Places to go - list where you want to go this month
  • Not to-do list - I like this to keep me on track with the things that I want to STOP doing, for example eating fast food!
Other things I want to bring your attention to - WEEKLY SPREAD:


  • This week's focus - a place to identify and write down your specific focus for the week
  • Good things that happened - I love this to keep me positive and appreciative of the positives in life. We can get so bogged down with all of the problems, negative things that happen to us. This makes us appreciate the good things in life!
  • Weekly quote - these always inspire me and I try to take a few minutes throughout the week to think about what the specific quote means to me
  • Weekly tip - really helpful tips to stay focused and reach your goals
  • Personal and Work to-do list - a great place to keep a checklist of things that you need to remember and check them off as you complete them
  • Space of infinite possibility - use it for whatever you want, but I use it to take notes, doodle, grocery lists, brainstorming, etc. 
NOTE - these field can be changed (by white-out or taping on a sheet of paper) based on you! For example, maybe you aren't as concerned with "people to see" and want to use this as a place to keep track of the # of days in the month that you worked out. See all of these extras that you can add to your Passion Planner. The options are endless!

Check out a video of the top 5 Passion Planner tips here

No comments:

Post a Comment