Tuesday, June 20, 2017

1 - WHY?

Where to start? I've been told that starting with the WHY of something helps people to understand things better, so here we go.

I've always had a goal of writing a book someday, but I never knew what kind of book to write. When I was in elementary school, I wrote a book for an assignment about the haunted basement of our school. My illustrator skills have yet to be improved, so not much to grasp onto there. Once I had kids, I thought maybe I'd write a children's book, again - illustrator skills kinda scary. Now as a student success coach, helping online students be successful and reach their goals, I thought I could focus in on that area, since helping people (and students) be the best they can be and get the most out of their experiences (life, school, etc.) has been a passion of mine.

Enter - this blog. I figured this could be a safe way to start - books can take all forms, right? So why not blog? Everyone else is doing it, so I figured I would jump on the bandwagon!

So my goal with this blog is to help people get their life organized, be efficient, and reach their goals. The focus will be using Passion Planner as a tool to help us do this.

Passion Planner isn't just a planner. It's an awesome tool that helps you break down your short and long-term goals and incorporate them into your daily life. All the while staying organized and on-task, acting in the present. The busier I get, the harder I find it to remember things (work meetings, kids' activities and appointments, dinner with friends) - I write down everything in my Passion Planner, from what I'm making for dinner that night to work reminders and quotes I want to remember. It takes the stress off of me remembering what I need to do - opening up space in my head for important things - you know, like blogging!

My reasons why I LOVE using Passion Planner:
  • You can customize it to fit your needs and lifestyle
  • It helps me to stay positive and focus on the good things in life
  • It ends up being a keepsake that maybe my kids will cherish someday...maybe
  • It allows me to de-clutter my brain, manage my time, and be efficient
  • It encourages me to stay focused while also seeing the big picture
  • It's a place for me to be crafty, colorful, and creative
Read more about the Passion Planner here.






1 comment:

  1. Novel Writing Challenge...plan for it: http://nanowrimo.org/

    ReplyDelete